Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reagan has Beat her Record


Yesterday was probably the most difficult day our little family has had. Worse than any of Avery or Reagan's "bad days". Reagan has been having a very difficult month. I can honestly say that yesterday has been the toughest day yet. She woke up and started a tantrum about not wanting to go to Church that evening. It continued with throwing, not one but two bowls of cereal onthe floor because after she told me what kind she wanted, she decided it wasn't right. Each time she got a little swat on her (always naked these days) behind and a time out. Later inthe day she also threw a spoon full of ice cream at daddy's car seat (because the ice cream was too cold). That also got her a little tap on the (now clothed because after an hour of trying to get her dressed to get ice cream, we finally got her out the door by threatening her that she and I would stay home) butt and a time out. She passed out on the way to church and had a little better evening until bed time when no clothes fit her or felt right and there was NO reasoning with her. An hour and a half after bed time, she finally just fell asleep naked. Her voice is still hoarse from all of the cryingthat she did yesterday and is still carrying on today, although it is now back to the "normal amount". Yesterday there was about 2 hours of pleasant Reagan time. I am at my wits end and wake up dreading every day. Just using the potty throws this child into half hour long naked rants. We have tried ignoring it, speaking rationally to her, bribing her and taking her to the doctor. How much longer can this "phase" last? I am beginning to think that there is something seriously wrong with her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

(((hugs)))
i'm so sorry kim. Those days are never easy. I wish I could do/say something that would make you more sure of yourself and her. Always thinking of you and praying for her and you.

Macomb County Mother of Multiples said...

I am praying for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're going through all that. I thought that I was the only one who dreaded getting out of bed in the morning (sometimes). Brendan has been a handful lately and Mason just follows his older brother. Guess we will have to pray for each other. Hope things get better for you.

Stacie and Frank said...

Our prayers are with you and your family. I wish I had some inspiring words for you, besides hang in there. Your girls need you to stay strong.z