Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pathetic Competition


I am not really a competitive person, by nature. There is, however, this one really stupid thing that Eric and I do. When the toothpaste starts to get low, we keep track of who is the "loser" that opens the new tube. We took it a bit far this time. I resorted to using the kids paste and throwing the tube in the tissue filled trash when I went to bed the other night. When I woke up, I had hoped I would see a new tube and maybe even a little post-it, reading, "You won". That was not the case. Eric cut open the tube and cleaned it out completely. I got a pretty good laugh out of it, which DOES NOT ever happen first thing in the morning. I guess it was worth losing this toothpaste battle. Isn't there a saying about winning the battle but not the war? I have to come up with some new tricks for next time I suppose...PATHETIC!!!!





3 comments:

Laura said...

That is hilarious. That Eric is a clever one!

Unknown said...

NICE! Smart Eric.
how about if you just don't buy toothpaste next time and he has to go buy it!

Kim Cervone said...

Clever Ellisa, but he reads this blog. Next timeyou have a competition tip, don't tell Eric! Now he will probably stock us up for the next year before this one runs out : )