Because we got Daisy this winter, we decided to forgo any overnight "vacations" that we might have liked to go on. I know the kids really missed our Castaway Bay overnight trips so Eric and I decided to surprise them yesterday with a day trip to Splash Universe. It is closer to home..about an hour and a half away. Avery and Reagan were completely surprised. After school Tuesday we told them that Avery wasn't going to school on Wednesday. Instead we had a surprise for them. We kept "slipping" with incorrect and sometimes correct hints. Their guesses ranged from Disney on Ice to seeing amovie. i think Avery might have guessed Splash Universe once too. Our plans were almost cancelled when I got a touch of the 75minute flu at 4 am. Is that possible? Anyway, one toss of the proverbial cookies and the trip was back on. We had such fun. The girls have both come such a long way from being timid on the kiddie slide last year. they both rode the "grown up" slides with Eric and I. I was SO impressed by their bravery. they both "swam" with their life vests on as well. Both of them can't wait to go again.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Another Big Surprise
Because we got Daisy this winter, we decided to forgo any overnight "vacations" that we might have liked to go on. I know the kids really missed our Castaway Bay overnight trips so Eric and I decided to surprise them yesterday with a day trip to Splash Universe. It is closer to home..about an hour and a half away. Avery and Reagan were completely surprised. After school Tuesday we told them that Avery wasn't going to school on Wednesday. Instead we had a surprise for them. We kept "slipping" with incorrect and sometimes correct hints. Their guesses ranged from Disney on Ice to seeing amovie. i think Avery might have guessed Splash Universe once too. Our plans were almost cancelled when I got a touch of the 75minute flu at 4 am. Is that possible? Anyway, one toss of the proverbial cookies and the trip was back on. We had such fun. The girls have both come such a long way from being timid on the kiddie slide last year. they both rode the "grown up" slides with Eric and I. I was SO impressed by their bravery. they both "swam" with their life vests on as well. Both of them can't wait to go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun!!!
Post a Comment