This is the kind of thing that I will really miss as my kids grow-as I was blow dryingReagan's hair last night, she asked me what my favorite time of year is. I said Spring. She informed that that Spring is when the leaves fall. I said that Spring is when the grass and trees get green and the flowers bloom. She asked me if the flowers aren't born yet. I said that I suppose that they are not. She then asked me where frogs' tails are. I told her that baby frogs are called tadpoles. they have tails but when they grow up, their tails go away. She asked if the frogs are tadpoles right now. I said that they might not evenbetadpoles yet. they are eggs before they are tadpoles."Like birdies are in eggs.",she said."Yep, birdies and turltles." "What else is born from an egg?" I told her that some bugs are from eggs, like spiders and that butterflies come from caccoons. She was familiar with that because of her love of "The Very Tiny Caterpillar." I did not want that conversation to ever end and I thought about whether or not I would even remember it in a few weeks...probably not. I hope I can remember these little things long enough to jot them down in my blog. I don't ever want to lose conversations like this one.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Conversation with a Three Year Old
This is the kind of thing that I will really miss as my kids grow-as I was blow dryingReagan's hair last night, she asked me what my favorite time of year is. I said Spring. She informed that that Spring is when the leaves fall. I said that Spring is when the grass and trees get green and the flowers bloom. She asked me if the flowers aren't born yet. I said that I suppose that they are not. She then asked me where frogs' tails are. I told her that baby frogs are called tadpoles. they have tails but when they grow up, their tails go away. She asked if the frogs are tadpoles right now. I said that they might not evenbetadpoles yet. they are eggs before they are tadpoles."Like birdies are in eggs.",she said."Yep, birdies and turltles." "What else is born from an egg?" I told her that some bugs are from eggs, like spiders and that butterflies come from caccoons. She was familiar with that because of her love of "The Very Tiny Caterpillar." I did not want that conversation to ever end and I thought about whether or not I would even remember it in a few weeks...probably not. I hope I can remember these little things long enough to jot them down in my blog. I don't ever want to lose conversations like this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great conversation. I think we still get great conversation as they get older...they're great thinkers regardless of their age. I just think the topics change.
Post a Comment