Saturday, March 7, 2009

Too Much for One Day

Last Friday upon picking Avery up from school, she told me that she had a loose tooth. A few of her friends have lost teeth already but I thought they were just early. I remembered being in first or second grade but, sure enough, I tried to wiggle her tooth and it wiggled. That kind of crushed me a little bit. I'm not done, however. We walked in the door and showed Eric the loose tooth. Within a few minutes my phone rang.
ME: Hello
CALLER: Who is this?
ME: This is Kim, who is this?
CALLER: Josh
ME: Josh from school?
CALLER (now known to be Josh): Yes.
ME: Do you want to talk to Avery?
JOSH: Yes.
Avery was in the bathroom so I had her call Josh back. She didn't want to at first and asked me to talk to him. She was nervous and the conversation between Avery and Josh was starined until I left the room. It was really cute to eavesdrop on their conversation about what they both were doing. I had to tease Eric a little and made up some flirty conversation just to drive him crazy. All in all, a loose tooth and her FIRST call from a friend, let alone a boy, was a bit much for a parent to take in one day. She since has another loose tooth and I have been told by another mom that her son has Avery's phone number too!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my.....before you know it she'll be driving :(

Unknown said...

YOWSA!!!! I thought she turned 6, not 16!

Lorene said...

Not ready for this!!!!!!!!!!!