Monday, April 20, 2009

It's Over

I bagan Spring Break feeling a little nervous about having SO much unscheduled time with Avery and Reagan. I'll admit, mostly Avery. She tends to be pretty high maintenance and generally angered by everything I say and do. We actually had a great week. On the rainy days we kept ourselves busy with indoor activities and on those two absolutely amazing days we were outside ALL day. Daisy got spayed over break so that was a couple of educational field trips to the vet. Both girls had neighborhood friends over to play in the yard and we really enjoyed our time together. We did have a lot of it. After dinner last night, we daydreamed together about some possible plans we have for the future. Two things Avery is not-unimaginative and dumb. Two things she certainly is-articulate and observant. She was describing our "some day" home complete with dark cupboards and an island in the kitchen and a bathroom that connects the two bedrooms. She now knows that it is called a Jack and Jill bathroom.

I thought the end of break would bring relief but I am actually looking forward to a long summer spent outside with my daughters (Husband and dogs are welcome as well).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya know, I felt the same way. I miss my lil' guy today. :(

Laura said...

Glad you had a good week!

Amy Gers said...

I think Ms. Avery has been watching a little too much Brady Bunch with the dark cupboards, island in the kitchen and Jack and Jill bathroom. That's all I'm sayin'.