Friday, April 24, 2009

The World According to Avery


For a few days before we took Daisy to get fixed, Avery and Reagan had questions about why she had to go and have surgery. I explained to them in young children terms how there are so many puppies that need good homes so we don't want Daisy to make more and that the place we adopted her said that if we don't get her spayed they can take her because we have to be responsible Daisy owners. For a couple of days there were questions and concerns about the surgery and why she had to do it. I explained that she wouldn't feel anything but a little needle poke and would be a little tired the next day. I explained that we would have to be very gentle with her while she had her stitches and why she had the stitches. For all of this conversation that we had over three or four days, Avery's comment to me the night before we took Daisy in was, "But mom, you don't understand. These would be FREE puppies!!" She was looking at it from a six year old, oh so innocent, animal loving view...and now that we have had her spayed, I see Avery's point. She is such a great little girl, I would like to have another of her but not for a long long time.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So sweet, and innocent! You are right. Made me laugh though!