These are the ones that I long for during those long, cold, beat me down months of winter. I live for the days that the family is in the backyard, jacket-less. The dogs are running, the kids are running and I am sipping tea in the warm vitamin D drenched sunshine. I love these days and I do not take them for granted. After spending days like this in a college classroom, then an office building (sans opening windows) I have learned not to take these days for granted. I actually learned it early inmy college career and skipped class and work on occasion to soak them up. Here, in Michigan, we only get a handful of them and I WILL NOT waste them!! If you stop by, be prepared that my house might be a mess but it will smell like fresh air and sunshine...walk through it fast on your way to the yard.
Friday, April 24, 2009
These Are the Days
These are the ones that I long for during those long, cold, beat me down months of winter. I live for the days that the family is in the backyard, jacket-less. The dogs are running, the kids are running and I am sipping tea in the warm vitamin D drenched sunshine. I love these days and I do not take them for granted. After spending days like this in a college classroom, then an office building (sans opening windows) I have learned not to take these days for granted. I actually learned it early inmy college career and skipped class and work on occasion to soak them up. Here, in Michigan, we only get a handful of them and I WILL NOT waste them!! If you stop by, be prepared that my house might be a mess but it will smell like fresh air and sunshine...walk through it fast on your way to the yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Indeed it's a beautiful day! Afew more to come too :)
Post a Comment